Welcome to Casa de Palmas at 590 Rider Ridge, an extremely livable mountaintop estate and dream home with a picture perfect, nearly frost-free climate and plenty of sunshine—an expansive horticultural wonderland with numerous exotic palms and a lush tropical ambience.
This unique property has spectacular ocean and mountain views, elaborate gardens with stunning water features, orchards with abundant northern & subtropical fruits, verdant lawns, a vineyard, and a multitude of rare flowers and plants—as well as a world-class amateur astronomical observatory with a research grade 12” refractor and attached companion telescopes. All this, and more, can be yours with this incredible estate!
The offering price does not include the telescopes, which are separately negotiable for interested buyers.
A world of its own, this magnificent horticultural marvel is just 15-20 minutes from Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz, and Los Gatos.
- The best of both worlds: private and relatively isolated, yet remarkably convenient. This majestically serene property is close to Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Los Gatos.
- “Top-of-the-world” ocean and mountain views on 2.98 acres of elaborate, artful landscaping
- Perfect weather in a Sunset Zone 16 microclimate, above the fog & frost, and below the snow—full of sunshine, it is warm and almost frost-free (with such subtropical plants as macadamia nuts, passion fruits, frost-tender palms, and tropical guavas)
- Lush water features include an entry garden with waterfall, large Koi pond with cascading waterfalls, and a tropical oasis with pond and decorative fountain
- In the much sought after Happy Valley School District, which is among the highest performing elementary schools in California
- Small community water system draws from the Purisima Aquifer, one of the best in the Santa Cruz Mountains